- Application is submitted to the Planning Department with a $300 non-refundable application fee
- All property owners within 200 ft of the request will be notified by letter from the Planning Department, as well as notification in the local newspaper
- First public hearing will be held at the Planning and Zoning Board Meeting - Anyone who wishes to speak for or against the zoning will speak at this time.
- The Planning and Zoning Board makes a recommendation to the City Council.
- The City Council will hold a second public hearing before voting on the rezoning request - Anyone who wishes to speak can also do so at that time.
- After the second public hearing, the City Council will vote approval or denial of the request.
Please note any rezoning request that has 20% or greater protest from the property owners within 200 feet will require a 4 of 5 vote from the City Council for approval.
The timeline for a rezoning is 60-90 days.