Payment Options for Citations
Pay in Person
Payments may be made in person at the Kilgore Municipal Court which is located inside Kilgore City Hall at 815 N. Kilgore Street.
The service window is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. We accept cash, money order, cashier's check, credit or debit card for payments. We do not except American Express. Money orders or cashier's checks must be made payable to The City of Kilgore Municipal Court.
If you cannot come in person to pay your citation, you cannot send someone else to enter your plea and pay the fine for you. If you have already made an appearance and entered a plea, then someone else may make a payment on an existing payment plan or pay in full for you.
Payment in Full
You may pay your citation in full at any time prior to your scheduled court hearing that is listed on your citation. The amount of the fine to be paid is the "window fine" set by the Judge for the particular offense.
If you appear before the Judge at your initial hearing, you will be asked to enter your plea. If you plead guilty or no-contest, the Judge will set your fine and give you the opportunity to pay in full. If you are unable to immediately pay in full, the Judge will discuss payment arrangements with you.
The Court offers two types of payment plans:
- Balance in 30 Days Plan- balance of your payment plan has to be paid within 30 days from the date the plan is set.
- Time Payment Plan - $50.00 is a required down payment, with a payment monthly until paid in full.
If you have not paid by the end of the 30 days on any payment plan, on day 31, a one time $15.00 state-mandated time payment fee will be added to your balance.
Payment by Phone or Online
The City of Kilgore also utilizes Traffic Payment for payment by phone. To access this service, call 1-800-844-1187 and follow the prompts. A convenience fee will be charged when using this option.
Information needed to make payments by phone or online:
- Citation or Docket Number
- Driver's License Number
- Amount of Citation
- Credit card or debit card (visa, mastercard, discover, american express)
Telephone payments made through Traffic Payment may take up to 48 hours to be credited to your account. Please keep a receipt or confirmation number to reference your payment.
If you are paying an active arrest warrant, the warrant will remain active until the payment is credited to your account.
Pay by Mail
- Payments must be in the form of cashier's check or money order and made payable to The City of Kilgore Municipal Court.
- Remit the correct amount for your citation. Insufficient amount will cause your case to remain open with the possibility of additional fees added.
- Ticket number and name of person who received the ticket must be clearly printed on the cashier's check or money order.
- Payments must be postmarked on or before your due date.