- City Manager
Duties of the City Manager
The City Manager serves as chief administrative and executive officer of the City and assures that all laws and city ordinances are enforced; and does related work as required. Duties of the City Manager include:
- Appointing and removing all heads of departments and all subordinate officers and employees of the City, except as otherwise provided in the City Charter
- Assuring the annual budget is prepared and submitted to the City Council and assuring the City operates within its budget
- Attending all meetings of the City Council, taking part in discussions and recommending Council action as appropriate and keeping the Council fully advised as to the financial condition and needs of the City
- Executing deeds and contracts on behalf of the City when authorized by ordinance, resolution, or motion of the City Council
- Exercising control over all departments and subdivisions thereof created by the City Charter and City Council
- Representing the City in professional and civic organizations
City Manager Josh Selleck
Josh Selleck has been City Manager of Kilgore since March 2015. He was previously employed as an Assistant City Manager for Cedar Park, Texas. He also served roles previously as Director of Finance, Budget Manager, and Budget Analyst. Selleck holds a Bachelors Degree in Political Science from Clarion University in Pennsylvania and a Masters of Public Administration and a Masters of Science in Financial from Texas Tech University.
Josh, his wife Elsa, and sons Alex and Max enjoy the many amenities that Kilgore provides, such as outdoor recreation, shopping/restaurants, and fellowship with friends and neighbors.