• Maintain the records for the police department.
  • Wait on customers at the front window and answer phones.
  • Process requests for copies of records.

Requesting Police Records

Crash Reports

If you are involved in a vehicle accident, you should allow approximately 4 business days for the report to be entered into our system before trying to obtain a copy. Crash reports can be obtained in person at the Kilgore Police Department during business hours (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). You can also purchase a copy of your crash report online by going to the Crash Records Information System website

Basic Information Request

If you reported a crime, you may pick up a copy of the basic information of the offense report from the Kilgore Police Department during normal business hours. You will be asked to present a photo I.D. before the report is released to you. If you need additional information not included in the basic information, you will need to submit an Open Records Request.

Please Note: Certain circumstances may arise where a record could be deemed confidential by law, in which case, you will be asked to submit an open records request, and it will be referred to the Open Records Division of the Texas Attorney General's office for review.

Open Records Request

All other requests for copies of records will need to be obtained through an Open Records Request. Please allow 10 working days for us to respond. Please include the requestor's name, address and phone number. Be specific as to the type of information requested. 

You may submit your request in writing to the Records Unit using one of the following methods:

By hand delivery during normal business hours to the Records Unit:Computer monitors and hands on keyboard

909 N Kilgore Street
Kilgore, TX 75662

By mail specifically addressed to:

Kilgore Police Department
Attn: Records Unit
P.O. Box 3066
Kilgore, TX 75663

By email to: which is our designated email address for Police Records 

Effective January 1, 2023, we will no longer accept requests for public information via fax. Only requests submitted via one of the three methods listed above will be considered a valid request.

Request for an Attorney General's Opinion

Documents concerning juvenile misconduct, sexual assaults, active investigations, etc. will be referred by the Kilgore Police Department to the Open Records Division of the Texas Attorney General's Office.


Please note that we will not release any report(s) until we have received a cash or check payment.